Wednesday, January 27, 2010

how millie came to be with us

when I walked in the door this morning, millie had more important things than blogging on her mind.  but immediately *after* breakfast, she informed me that today's topic is her story.  I told her ok, I will go ask the doctor to tell me the story again about how you came to her.  millie just looked at me.  oh, you want to tell your own story.

"yes."

okay.  tell me.

"I was living with a troubled family. they stopped feeding me.  I thought I might be walking away to die, it was cold and there were lots of coyotes and foxes.  something guided me to walk in a certain direction though.  when I got to the house, I was weak and starving and barely had the strength to crawl up on the front deck.  I think I slept a little, then a man was walking toward me and he picked me up and put me in the house.  it was warm inside.  I had a vague impression of other animals in the house, but no one felt dangerous, so I slept.  later the people came home and fed me.  I slept and slept for days, waking up to eat.  when I started to regain my strength, the other cats started asking me questions and pushing me to interact with them.  I had no answers to their questions, and I had no practice dealing with other cats, so I told them to stay away.  they were persistent, and I wasn't nice about telling them to leave me alone, I even suggested that they leave.  this went on for a while.  


I was content, the people were nice and I was getting plenty of good food.  the other cats were not behaving well, they didn't like my attitude and they expressed their displeasure by peeing all over the house.  this made the people unhappy.  


one day, the doctor brought me here to the office.  at first it was confusing, my sleep schedule was disrupted.  I soon decided that I really like it here, I enjoy meeting the people and some of the animals.  I still don't care for other cats, but I've learned to ignore them.  none of them stay very long.


at some point, it dawned on me that my new home is a healing center.  I am a healer, I have always been a healer.  what a perfect place for me to be!"

No comments:

Post a Comment